Code of Conduct
The Collection at Riverpark strives to provide an enjoyable and safe shopping environment for guests and our employees. The Collection, including the parks and parking areas, is private property. The Code of Conduct is in effect at all times. Persons violating these rules will be asked to leave The Collection property. Those who continue to violate this Code will be subject to arrest.
The following activities are not permitted on The Collection property:
- Any type of behavior, action, conduct or activity that causes public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or otherwise interferes with and/or disrupts the peace and harmony and normal course of business at The Collection. This is including but not limited to any acts of violence, intimidation or threats, fighting or any offensive physical contact creating unreasonable noise.
- Possession of any instrument, article or device that in a manner in which it is used, is readily capable of causing physical injury. This is including but not limited to any folding or fixed blade knife with a blade length over 2”, metal knuckles, clubs, clubbing or slugging devices of any kind, stun guns, chemical dispensing devices, firearms of any kind, and explosive devices of any kind including fireworks.
- Any assembly whether lawful or unlawful that disrupts the peace and harmony of The Collection patrons, tenants or any other person on The Collection property, or disturbs any authorized assembly of persons or groups without lawful authority.
- Using profanity, sexually explicit or abusive language, racial, religious, or ethnic slurs or remarks, obscene gestures of any kind, or any other related type conduct.
- Running, skateboarding, rollerblading, riding a bicycle, scooter or segway on sidewalks, or engaging in any other similar type activity on sidewalks, or in any area likely to interfere with the normal flow of pedestrian traffic or cause obstruction with patrons view of windows and/or displays. No Skateboarding pursuant to City of Oxnard Ordinance 7-144.
- Wearing any offensive clothing or apparel likely to provoke an unfavorable response, disturbance or open conflict by any person or group. This includes failure to be fully clothed, or wearing apparel that disguises, obscures or conceals the face, including, but not limited to costumes, hoods, or masks other than those necessitated by a medical condition or worn for religious reasons.
- Engaging in any activity not sanctioned or in compliance with The Collection rules and regulations for such activities.
- Solicitation in any form that is including but not limited to asking for money, contributions or donations of any kind, disseminating any literature, leaflets, brochures, hand-outs or any other similar type materials or disclosures without expressed written permission from The Collection Management Staff.
- Damaging, destroying, defacing or tampering with any property belonging to The Collection and their tenants or patrons, including writing, spraying, scratching, or otherwise affixing graffiti on such property.
- Dispensing or discarding trash, rubbish or material of any kind in any area other than in trash receptacles or receptacles designated for such material. Rummaging through or removing items from the trash receptacles.
- Bringing any animal and/or pet, domestic or otherwise, onto The Collection property and leaving such animal or pet unattended, unleashed or secured to any fixture or device. Exception will be made for trained service animals employed to assist handicap and/or physically challenged persons.
- Possession of any open cans, containers, bottles, or any other receptacle containing alcoholic beverage except in businesses or designated areas on The Collection property that has been approved and licensed to dispense and serve such beverage.
- Smoking in any enclosed space on The Collection property or within 15 feet of any store or restaurant entrance.
- Photographing or videotaping any individual or entity on The Collection property without prior consent of the subject or Center management.
- Sitting on floors, handrails, stairs, sidewalks, trash receptacles, or other areas not specifically designed for seating.
- Congregating and loitering in groups of three (3) or more which hinders or interferes with the flow of other shoppers or obstructs entryways or walkways.
- Violating any federal, state or local law or ordinance.
The above is a partial list of The Collection’s Code of Conduct. The Collection reserves the right to modify and/or add to this Code of Conduct at any time. Please contact the management office for additional information.